When your air conditioner is on the fritz, it can leave you feeling sticky, hot, and unhappy. It’s even more frustrating when the AC is blowing warm air! Don’t stress too much over it. MLD HVAC has seen plenty of homes and businesses with this kind of issue and, while there are multiple causes, most of them are a straightforward fix.
Potential Causes of an AC Blowing Warm Air
For more than 10 years, MLD HVAC has provided in-depth, expert heating, cooling, and indoor air quality services to North Austin area customers. We’ve seen our fair share of AC problems. Our experts can quickly identify the problem and complete and air conditioner repair when needed. Before you give us a call though, check out some of these potential reasons why your air conditioner is blowing hot air.
- Your ductwork may have holes or the connections between sections aren’t sealed properly. This allows outside air that is still hot to be pulled into the ducts when the AC is on.
- There could be something pressed against the outside condenser unit. Lawncare equipment, rocks, and shrubbery could be crowding the condenser so that it can’t release heat from the air that is being cooled.
- Broken or leaky ac coils may be allowing refrigerant to escape. Without enough refrigerant, the air conditioner simply can’t cool the air inside your home.
- The thermostat could still be set on heat from that last cold snap! Your thermostat could also be broken and not properly switching over to cool.
- A clogged air filter could be slowing the flow of air through the HVAC system and allowing dust and other particles to pass through to the AC unit’s coils.
- Speaking of, the coils on your AC might be covered in dirt and grime which prevents the air from coming into contact with the super cooled coils.
Your air conditioner is an important machine that requires regular care and maintenance to keep in great shape. If you are having trouble figuring out what’s wrong or want an air conditioner repair, give us a call or fill out our online form. MLD HVAC will be happy to set up an air conditioning maintenance appointment with complimentary repair estimate.